You want your business to be all over the internet, so you’ve created a website, a Facebook business page and listed your business in Google Places so you can gather those all-important Google user reviews.
Now there’s one new step you might want to take: creating a Google+ business page. Google has merged their Google Places functionality with the richer content and interactivity of Facebook’s business pages. The result is aimed at connecting you with your existing customers as well as reaching out to those who find your business through a web search. You’ll get more information to more people if you have a Google+ business page.
Here’s how to create your Google+ business page:
- You need to be logged into Google, which you can do easily if you already have Gmail or YouTube accounts. Make sure you’re signed into one of those. If you don’t have a Google account, create one here: https://accounts.google.com/NewAccount
- Go to the Google + business homepage: https://plus.google.com/pages/create
- Click a category for your business from the options listed on the left of the page:
Local Business or Place
- Product or Brand
- Company, Institution or Organization
- Arts, Entertainment or Sports
That’s it! Enjoy the new contacts and customers you’re reaching.
The next time you want to view or make edits to your Google+ business page, simply sign into your Google (or Gmail or YouTube) account, then look for your own profile photo – it may be just a generic blue avatar – in the right corner.
Click the arrow beside that avatar, then click the View profile button. That will bring up your personal Google+ page. Clicking the arrow beside your avatar on this page will bring up the option to select your Google+ business page(s).
Many say that it’s worthy to do a blog post on a topic that you, as a business owner, get asked even “just twice” as it saves re-explaining it again and again!
So, here, for those that ask, is how I determine your business’s “most desired” keywords and develop and SEO and PPC (pay per click) campaign to help you get decent traffic on the keywords most likely to bring your sales:
- Determine (with you, and during some brainstorming time on my own) your most likely profitable (eg. will come, convert and possibly buy) keyword phrases for your Product/Service (hint: I’ll need to know something about it and your target market! This is part of “Keyword Research”. (hint2: what are your competitors using? I should know some competitor sites or their desired keywords too).
- Verify these keywords as ‘viable’ and possibly discover other related ones we didn’t think of in Adwords Keyword tool.
- Plan strategy – match up 4 keyword phrases (related ones) to the best landing page possible (eg makes most human sense, and is most likely a good choice for SEO success – eg helps if the keywords already appear on it or relate to content on it)
- Use WebCEO or another ranking software to see how the landing pages (please provide these to me!) are ranking on these keywords at the moment.
- Use WebCEO’s “get better seo” module to highlight ‘gaps’ and things we can try in SEO on the landing pages themselves (text w keywords, titles, descriptions, alt tags)
- Implement this SEO on the pages.
- After a few weeks after implementing step 4 on the pages, see where the rankings get to.
- If not reaching yet page 1 or desired rankings, determine PPC strategy to fill gaps and get visibility for your company on these terms by writing ads that will grab the target audience.
- When setting up a PPC campaign, I need the monthly maximum budget to spend, where you want the ads showing (continents, countries, language, region etc.)– and I’ll need several accurate benefit statements about your product – eg. what it is, what benefit it brings to the target market, any freebies/give aways you’ve giving on the landing page..). We’ll also need to dream up a call to action too. (Fun! We only get 95 characters to do all this in 3 lines of an ad!)
Thus, you have it: steps to determining your ‘most desired keywords’ and how we “do” SEO on page and also PPC to support your keyword, and ultimately, sales goals.
Today, we’re going to talk about how to get awesome SEO ranking in Google organic for your site.
Like the secret for happiness and the secret of weight loss, the secret to great SEO ranking is: THERE IS NO SECRET. It’s the culmination of a hundred small little things (happiness – hundreds of lots of small happy moments vs. ONE big thing; weight loss – hundreds of small bites – eat whatever you want but eat less and burn more calories than you take in!)
And, SEO: the secret is there is no secret. It’s aligning your “right for you” keywords into a strategy that touches your title, page directory paths, filenames, meta descriptions, content in first 2 paras, footers on bottom of the page, link content, alt tags, image names and more… and then getting DECENT link partners (page rank > yours) to link to you (using “right for you keywords” in their link text!)
Seem like a lot to take in? We can help! And love doing projects like this. So, if you’re into leveraging your time for what you do best, let us take care of the SEO tasks… secret or no!
Finally, the site update is done – and “it was me” holding it back… I think my fab web developer Jackelyn had the site ready in summer 2010, but it took me til October to put in some portfolio piece descriptions, and until (ahem) February 2012 to “launch” – hope you like – a nicer way to display previous projects and also include Twitter feed and so on!